Online Marketing Question – How Often Should You Blog?
As an online marketing consultant, my friends and clients ask me how often you should post new content to your blog.
Before I answer that question though, I should explain that blogging drives traffic in two ways…
- SEO – The more blog posts you have, the more visibility you'll have on search engines.
- Social Media – New content syndicated to your social media accounts shows users that you are the subject matter expert. These users are more likely to click your post link and check out your website.
On a more granular level, Hubspot noted that you should blog 2-3 times per week, which is consistent with my experience. In addition, Hubspot noted that it take 52 blog posts to raise your site authority. At 3 times per week, that's 17 weeks…wow!
Online Marketing – 5 Strategies For Increasing Your Blog Frequency
- Schedule Your Posts – Put your writing times on your calendar; this will ensure that you write!
- Recruit – Your staff will love to contribute.
- White Board – Brainstorm topics, so that you know what you are going to write about ahead of time.
- Buy Content – There are many blog post writers on the web and Elance.
- Hire A Writer – The Panda content showed that content is king, so if you rely on web traffic for your business you may want to consider hiring a writer.